This sponge is used throughout West Africa. It is a bathing net sponge, made out of nylon, similar to a loofah, except it is not a ball-like shape, and is not as soft. You can choose from various ones though, depending on if you want it soft or rather rough.
People love to use this sponge to scrub and exfoliate their skin. Because it is a very long piece of nylon you can reach places a cloth or loofah can not, like your back. If you are not used to scrubbing, it may feel a bit too rough on your skin at the beginning but then you get used to it, and above all, you see the results: smooth and refreshed skin! It is recommended to replace it every couple of months but some people use it longer, so you choose! Please note that I do not recommend using it on your face where the skin is more sensitive.
The African sponge is not a village thing that people use only in remote areas ( let’s stop with the stereotypes once and for all !)
HOW TO USE IT?
• Wet your body before starting to use the sponge!
• Moisten the sponge and lather your simultaneously by rubbing it.
• After your shower, shake the sponge to remove any water and allow to dry.
• Use 3 times per week on normal to dry skin or daily on oily skin.
• Before first use, heat in boiling water to soften the texture a bit.
•Increases the foam and reduces the amount of soap and water needed for a shower.
•Dries faster than the shower flower or washcloth and prevents the accumulation of germs.
• Allows to effectively clean all areas of the body including the back !
• Improves blood circulation.
• Reinforce the effectiveness of your cream or balm after the bath thanks to a better absorption by the skin.
• Fights against ingrown hairs.
• Easy to clean in the washing machine at 30 °C.
• Different textures and meshes allow use for adults and children
• Very practical and light, it gets carried everywhere!